Effective Time Management
Course length: 1 day
Time is a form of currency, and the ways that we talk about it illustrate its value: we say “Time is money,” and “My time was well spent,” or “It’s a waste of time.” Like most professionals, you’ve probably struggled with managing this resource effectively. In this course, you will practice techniques that will help you achieve more effective use of your time so that you can direct your energy towards the activities that will further your professional and personal goals.
Course Objective: You will identify effective time-management strategies, including defining personal and professional goals, establishing priorities, and identifying the tasks that will be critical to achieving those goals. You will create a personal time-management action plan.
Target Student: Professionals in a variety of fields who are seeking improved time-management skills so that they can perform more effectively.
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this course.
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Articulate goals.
- Analyze how you are currently allocating your most precious resources: energy and time.
- Identify elements of your personal work style that contribute to your effective use of time.
- Assemble a collection of time-management tools and strategies that you can use to take control of your time.
- Create an action plan for your time-management process and identify ways to evaluate and improve your efforts.
Lesson 1: Defining Goals
- Topic 1A: Define Time Management
- Topic 1B: Describe Your Dreams
- Topic 1C: Identify Regrets
- Topic 1D: Articulate Goals
Lesson 2: Analyzing Energy Allocation
- Topic 2A: Identify How Energy Is Spent
- Topic 2B: Analyze Tasks
- Topic 2C: Analyze Time Usage
- Topic 2D: Analyze Energy Flow
Lesson 3: Identifying Personal Style
- Topic 3A: Review a Successful Day or Project
- Topic 3B: Analyze Your Preferences
- Topic 3C: Identify Personal Strengths
- Topic 3D: Identify Personal Motivators
- Topic 3E: Reduce Time Wasters
Lesson 4: Assembling the Toolbox
- Topic 4A: Negotiate for Success
- Topic 4B: Delegate Tasks
- Topic 4C: Choose Tools that Work for You
Lesson 5: Creating an Action Plan
- Topic 5A: Create the Action Plan
- Topic 5B: Evaluate the Time-Management Process
Ready to schedule a training session?
- Bringing Business Solutions to Life
- Mastering the Requirements Process
- Business Analysis Overview
- Pragmatic Use Case Writing